- "Senioruniversitetet i Lillestrøm" is a U3A-organisation located in Lillestrøm, Norway
- Lillestrøm is the center town in the municipality of Skedsmo, located about 20 km. northeast of Oslo.
- The organisation was created i 1993 and has since then grown to more than 1300 members in 2017.
- The aim of the organisation is to give members a forum to study of subjects of their interest, exchange of experiences, social contact. participate in study groups, educational travels, etc.
- The organisation is administered by volunteers elected by the members at the annual meeting.
- The structure of the organisation is a board led by a chairman, and several committees.
- The board arrange about 12 annual plenary meetings on subjects deemed of interest to members.
- The committee for art and culture arrange visits to concerts, museums, theaters etc.
- The committee for travel arrange travels, generally of a cultural and/or an educational nature.
- The committee for history, society and science arrange series of lectures for in depth studies of particular subjects.
- The members of the board and of the committes do their work without remuneration.
- The annual membership fee at present is NOK 200 (about 20 EURO). This covers expences for meeting rooms and fees to lecturers for the plenary meetings.
- The expences for cultural arrangments, travels and seminars are covered by fees to the paricipants.
Click on the links below to see
Members of the board and committees.